- 2/3 cup gluten free baking flour
- 1/3 cup gluten free oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flax milk
- 2 ripe medium bananas
- 5-6 medium frozen strawberries
- 2 medjool dates (be sure to remove pit)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (dairy, nut and soy free)
- 2/3 cup flax milk
- fresh strawberries (as desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 9”x9” baking pan with parchment paper (with sides hanging out so it’s easier to remove the brownie later) and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the dry ingredients (flour, oats, chia seeds, flaxseed meal, baking powder, and salt) and mix together.
- Place the flax milk, bananas, frozen strawberries and dates in a blender and blend for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Add the strawberry banana mixture and vanilla extract to dry ingredients and mix together (using fork or wire whisk) until combined.
- Pour mixture into baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on wire rack and cut into hearts (if desired) using cookie cutter or cut into squares.
- For the chocolate sauce, place the chocolate chips and flax milk into a double boiler or heatproof mixing bowl set over a pot of gently simmering water and stir gently until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Pour chocolate sauce into a small bowl and dip the hearts or squares until covered. Or fill a spoon with chocolate sauce and drizzle over each brownie (use about half the measurement of chocolate chips and flax milk in this case).
- Refrigerate brownies for a couple hours to set, top with sliced strawberries and enjoy! (chocolate shavings optional)