- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 10 oz. button mushrooms, sliced
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c. Daiya mozzarella cheese
- 4 pre-made burgers such as Dr. Praegers
- 4 whole grain hamburger buns
Check out the latest Savings in stores now!
- Pour olive oil into a large skillet and heat over medium heat; add onions and reduce to low heat; cook 30 minutes, stirring every ten minutes; add the mushrooms and cook an additional 30 minutes, stirring ever 10 minutes; add sea salt and fresh ground pepper, taste and re-season if necessary. Pile mushrooms and onions in center of pan; top with mozzarella cheese and fold in gently until melted. This will keep cheese from sticking to base of pan.
- Meanwhile, cook burgers to package directions; toast hamburger buns.
- Place bottom hamburger bun on each of four plates; top with one cooked burger; top with 1/4th onion mixture; place top bun on each burger.