Wild & Spicy Chipotle Salmon Rolls
Check out the latest Savings in stores now!
- 3 c. cauliflower
- 4 tbsp. tahini
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- dash of sea salt
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Santa Cruz Organic lime juice
- ½ tsp. chipotle powder (or to taste)
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 6 ounce tin of canned wild salmon
- 1 small avocado (or half of a large avocado), sliced
- ½ small cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 sheets SeaSnax raw or chipotle nori
- coconut aminos for dipping
- sesame seeds
- red pepper flakes
- Pulse cauliflower in a food processor or grate with a grater, to make small pieces the size of rice.
- Sautee in a covered skillet on medium heat for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Allow to cool.
- In a bowl, mix riced cauliflower with tahini, rice vinegar, and salt. Set aside.
- To make chipotle mayonnaise, combine mayonnaise, lime juice, chipotle powder, and garlic in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together wild salmon and a Tablespoon of chipotle mayonnaise. Set aside.
- On a bamboo sushi roller, lay a sheet of nori shiny side down. If you don't have a roller, use your hands to roll.
- Spoon about¾ cup of the riced cauliflower onto each sheet, leaving the ½ inch farthest from you rice-free. Pat down gently. The riced cauliflower should fill about 2/3 of the nori closest to you.
- Place a portion of salmon mixture and vegetables horizontally across the middle of the rice section.
- Carefully fold the bottom edge of the nori sheet over your row of salmon and vegetables. Roll with firm tension to mold a log shape. Secure the end by brushing the top edge of the sheet with water before rolling to the very end. Set aside and continue to make other rolls.
- With a very sharp knife, slice rolls into 5-6 pieces. Enjoy with coconut aminos, remaining chipotle mayo, a sprinkle of sesame seeds, and extra red pepper flakes if you can handle the spice!