Zucchini Noodles & Meatballs
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. onion, diced
- 1/4 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 jar Muir Glen organic pasta sauce (any flavor)
- 1/2 c. water
- 6 medium zucchini, julienne peeled or spiralized (6 c.)
- 1/4 c. shredded fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired
Check out the latest Savings in stores now!
- Mix beef, bread crumbs, onion, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and egg in a large bowl. Shape mixture into 12 (2-inch) meatballs.
- In 14-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add meatballs; cook 6 to 8 minutes, gently turning occasionally, just until browned on all sides.
- Add Muir Glen organic pasta sauce and water; heat to simmering. Simmer 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until meatballs are thoroughly cooked and the internal temperature reads 165° F (74° C) for 15 seconds. Using slotted spoon, transfer meatballs to plate, and cover to keep warm.
- Stir zucchini noodles into the pasta sauce; cook 2 to 4 minutes, stirring gently, until noodles soften. Divide noodle mixture among 4 bowls. Top with meatballs. Sprinkle with basil and Parmesan cheese.